- For the 2013 model year, Mercedes-Benz introduced the high performance variant of the SLS AMG, the Black Series.
- This new series of the SLS was only offered as a coupe, and was created to channel Mercedes' SLS AMG GT3 race car in a road legal form.
- A distinctive body kit and rear spoiler are the most noticeable exterior features on the SLS Black Series, While no final production total has been confirmed by Mercedes-Benz, an estimated 350 examples are believed to have been built.
Equipment and Features
- The SLS Black Series received a wide range of upgrades and improvements focused on enhancing the car's performance. The 6.2L 'M159' V8 engine received various improvements, boosting total power to 622hp.
- the Black Series received a new suspension setup which sat the car lower and wider than the standard model.
- Among other notable changes, the SLS Black Series saw numerous weight saving measures on the interior and exterior of the car resulting in 154lbs less weight.
- Bang And Olufsen HI-FI Sound System
- Carbon fiber interior-Black seats with red stitching
The #Mercedes-Benz SLS Black Series, a sleek and aerodynamic silhouette with a powerful V8 engine, redefines automotive excellence, Offering a thrilling driving experience that remains unmatched, showcasing a bold leap into the future with only 350 units ever being manufactured!